Marquee Text
A A A

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Euthanasia

Category:




Euthanasia.

Mercy killing
The act of killing someone painlessly
(especially someone suffering from an incurable illness)
_______________________________________________________
Euthanasia Definitions

* Euthanasia: the intentional killing by act or omission of a dependent human being for his or her alleged benefit.
(The key word here is "intentional". If death is not intended, it is not an act of euthanasia)
* Voluntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed has requested to be killed.
* Non-voluntary: When the person who is killed made no request and gave no consent.
* Involuntary euthanasia: When the person who is killed made an expressed wish to the contrary.
* Assisted suicide: Someone provides an individual with the information, guidance,
and means to take his or her own life with the intention that they will be used for this purpose.
When it is a doctor who helps another person to kill themselves it is called "physician assisted suicide."
* Euthanasia By Action: Intentionally causing a person's death by performing an action such as by giving a lethal injection.
* Euthanasia By Omission: Intentionally causing death by not providing necessary and ordinary (usual and customary)
care or food and water.


extracted from: Wikipedia.
_______________________________________________________

I have read so much about "Euthanasia", to give an opinion on this topic is not that simple.
I'm catholic, and the Catholic church speaks against "euthanasia as a violation of the sanctity of life".

Personally, I got involved in this kind a matters,and to find answers rather than simples worlds, it's very hard and painful.
To decide when, or what action to take when you are in the middle of something of this magnitude, it's mind buckling.
No words are enough, when you have to make a decision regarding some one, you know you love,
someone who's been part of your life for a very long time.

My father was terminally ill, it happened when I was in a period of my life which I was not that young not that old to make decisions.
My father till lasted was suffering of terrible pain, there was nothing to relieve his pains, not even drugs were working anymore!!!
He reached the point of the "appearance and dignity of, a human being" was really gone.
We as, my family and myself couldn't make a decision, and we let him suffer and implore till the end.
Today I will probably done the right thing...end his suffering.
Today if, I was in the same condition my father was ...
I hope, to find a miserable hand, someone who will find the courage to end my misery!
With no chances to heal,with no chances to survive I, don't want to perpetuate my agony,
for a life which will not be ever the same, but just pain, an unimaginable pain.
No thanks, I rather end my life than, hang on it, it's not lack of courage but, just plain terror of suffering,
and after, let others decide if it was right or not.

But than, that's just my opinion!

Shop Amazon

0 Comments:

Guess book

Scroll text

Red.eVolution