Honor Killing in Iran-An Iranian father, punishes his 14 years old daughter, by stoning her to death.
A 14 years old girl, stoned to death because her father believed she was having an affair with a man. The matter happened in a deserted locality of the periphery of Zahedan. Zahedan is the capital of the Sistan and Baluchestan Province, which it's situated in the southeast of the Iranian's country.
The Sistan and Baluchestan Province (it's a territory situated in the southeast of the Iranian's country).
Sharif (that's the name of the father killer), after he was arrested by the Iranian police, justified his criminal act by saying "I had to save my honor". Sharif, has admitted to have stoned to death the little girl "by the name Samieh" with the aid of a friend, without showing sign of repentance. "I suspected that she had a relation with a man and I was forced to stone her to death, for being able to wash my soiled honor", would have said Sharif during his interrogation. "I did not have any other choice", has added the man. He told the event of the lapidation, in the minimums details to his enquirers.
As he, recalls the murder:
He had loaded the young daughter on his car and after took her to the desert, in the rural province of Zahedan, close to the Afghan's frontier. There, he stoned to death with the help of some friend, the young daughter. "In the car, she had a terrorized look. I believe, she knew what was going to happen to her. During the lapidation she yelled, asked mercy. But, I did not have any choices", told Sharif to the daily paper Etemad Iranian.
Today, the father is in jail with hes friend. The killing of the young Samieh in the desert, faraway from other people's looks, wasn't enough for him to avoid the jail. In fact, to denounce him was the desperation of a mother. The mother of the young murdered girl. Not even the mother of Hina Saleem (the Pakistani girl, killed by the own father in Italy) had never dared, to accuse the husband.
Sharif will pay in jail for his murderer crime, in a sentence between three and nine years. The sentence don't even come close to the hanging sentences, reserved to assassins in Iran.
In Iran in fact, the father is considered to be the "owner of the blood" of the daughter and the crimes to avenge the honor (above all in the rural zones) are justified by the common moral. Sharif, suspected that his daughter had committed "illicit actions" with a man and than, he decided to gave her the right sentence of death. A death deserved to the adulterates, meaning death by stoning.
According to Article 83 of the Islamic Penal Code of Iran, stoning to death has been declared a permissible punishment for a few different types of adultery.
Death by Stoning, a barbaric sentence given to adulterates.
more in the following links:
- Father Stones Her Daughter To Death In An Act of Honor Killing.
- Honor Killing in Iran -- Father Stones 14 Year Old Daughter To Death
- The case file of a father who murdered his daughter in an act of "honor killing" with the assistance of another man by stoning her to death, is now under review in Zahedan's general court. According to our reporter, a few days ago, a distraught woman, who was crying uncontrollably, contacted the authorities in city of Zahedan, and reported the murder of her daughter.
- Death by Stoning.
- Published May 9th, 2007 in Iraq War, Women.
- Du’a Khalil Aswad was a 17 year old girl living in northern Iraq. Her family belonged to the Yazidi religious sect. (Yazidi is a combination of Zoroastrian, Manichaean, Jewish, Nestorian Christian, and Islamic elements — neither Christian nor Muslim.)
- A letter about Stoning to Death.
- A few weeks ago my mother, Mehrangiz Kar, wrote an article about stoning to death in Iran. She received many different feedbacks for her article that was published in Farsi. Among those responses we found an astonishing letter from an anonymous person whose mother was stoned to death twenty six years ago. Since the strength of the words of this letter paralyzed my body and mind for a few minutes, I decided to quickly translate the text.